We spent our last day in California at the Beach. S and I knew it was somewhere we wanted to take the girls before we headed home. They had never been and it was quite an exciting thing for them! Unfortunately, the weather wasn't working with us, but we did have the beach to ourselves :)
M just stood in total disbelief that there could actually be THAT much water in one place. She was A-mazed!
The cold weather didn't keep dad and M from playing in the waves. C and I opted to just watch.
Then the sea shell collecting began, and my goodness did we find some awesome shells!
C would find a sea shell she liked, and then yell and M to come get it. For some reason she was terrified to pick the things up! A little out of her comfort zone I guess....
M: Mom! Come look what I found!!! I was playing in the waves, stepped on something hard and decided to reach down a pick it up. It's a REAL LIVE SEA SHELL that isn't opened yet! Maybe it has a pearl inside!!!
Well, no pearl inside, but there was quite the science experiment going on in our hotel bathroom while M and dad checked it out.
Definitely the best was to end our family vacation. Now the girls have been to the beach! And they can't wait to go back.









No comments:
Post a Comment