Friday, February 8, 2013

How do I feel?

A picture is worth a thousand words....

Again, a shout out to MaeLee for the "great" shot. If it weren't for her, I would have no
proof of ever being pregnant :) 

I am tired, cranky, emotional and extremely hard to live with these days, but the truth is I love being pregnant. The thought of bringing another life into this world is so rewarding and fulfilling. I love feeling her move. I love being this close to her. I love thinking about holding her in my arms. I love knowing she will be the perfect addition to our family, just as the other two were and are. I feel so blessed. A lot of women can't do this, and I can. I cherish that as one of my greatest blessings.

But if I'm gonna be 100% honest (which I struggle not to be) this has been a wild ride of a pregnancy. I'm not saying I want it to end, because I don't! I pray that I go overdue and 3cm dilated and 80% effaced and about to explode for a week or even two before I go into labor. I want my body and baby to be 110% ready. No more of these long, drawn out, "your body just isn't ready" kind of labors. But just like most women I'm tired. Tired of being tired, of being fat, of being uncomfortable, of being nauseous, of being sore, of aching back pain, of being emotional and frankly having no control over anything! My body just does it's thing, and I've got to roll with it. Ladies, I pee whenever I sneeze. This is not ok! I snore...never had that problem before. I fall over and run into things because of how off balance I am. I eat pretty much everything in front of me, and an hour later I'm hungry for more! I crave donuts and cupcakes and SONIC 24/7. Seth patiently, and lovingly endures these strange side effects of pregnancy. But he's had his share of fun with it. First time I peed my pants he looked at me (trying to maintain composure) and said, "uh, are you serious?" Now it's a normal thing...NORMAL..can you imagine? He records me when I snore, and laughs hysterically while he plays it back to me. He's sure to hold my hand and direct me away from walls, icy sidewalks and anything else that might bring sudden danger. He says he finds the amount of food I eat attractive. Not sure I believe that one yet. I'm one lucky gal to have such a trooper for a husband. And although he will NEVER understand a MOMENT of ANYTHING I go through, I try not to hold that against him and show appreciation for all he tries to do to make the pregnancy a little more manageable. 

And here we are - 36 weeks! Almost to the finish line. I'm part excited/part terrified. Labor has never been nice to me no matter how prepared I am. I'm not sure whats coming, except for a precious little girl who I can't wait to meet. Once I see her all this pregnancy stuff will be forgotten and all I'll be thinking is how worth it it all was! 

3 comments:

Palmer Family said...

You look so cute Cami! I'm so excited for you! Great job being brave and being honest about being prego-it really is tough, but I totally love it and sort of miss it now!

Sarah... said...

I WUV you XOXO You're beautiful inside and out. Can't wait to snuggle baby niece number 4!!! I'll even give you a back rub. You've earned it ;)

Rach Sandberg said...

I loved this post Cami!!!! Truly!